Thursday, October 15, 2009

Handcrafted Wedding

When I first started planning my wedding (about a year and a half ago), I had no idea how incredibly overwhelming all the little decisions and details could be. Luckily, I had my fiance by my side to help me eliminate endless options and focus on what was important for us.

Yes, we wanted a big reception (our first guest count was 300), but we also wanted to keep it simple and heart-felt. Since there was no chance of spending the entire evening talking to our guests (hey, we wanted to dance the night away), we decided to let all the little things around tell our guests how special and welcome they are, how happy we were to have them there.

So, all of our decorations had to tell a story - our story - who we were, as individuals, and as a couple.

Since I'm into paper crafts and I like to work with my hands, I decided to make all the favors myself, as well as all the boutonnières, corsages, invite embellishments, my headpiece, hanging decorations, table names, confetti, wedding crystal tree, and hundreds of little (and large) butterflies and paper flowers.

It wasn't easy (it was hours and hours of hard work, really), but it was absolutely rewarding to walk into my wedding day and see the joy of our guests, sitting at tables that were named after places where my husband and I have been happy, as they opened their little presents, danced under tissue paper spheres, flower balls, handmade butterflies, vellum flowers, lights, music... ah, it was lovely :)

So, the wedding day behind me, I decided to share my ideas here so that future brides can find an inspiration for something unusual, ... and handmade.

Also, I'll post my most recent ideas for Christmas ornaments, paper embellishments, cards, interesting gift ideas and so on.

And, there are many wonderful crafters out there that have inspired me, so I'll post my occasional likes and favs :)

Enjoy..

1 comment: