Monday, November 2, 2009

Wedding Tree



I'm a big fan of handmade trees, and this one is pretty special to me since it came from my parents' backyard. The branches were cut from my father's favorite tree: a dark cherry that delights him with fabulous bloom and fruit every summer. He was good enough to let me and my brother cut a few branches.

First, we cleaned them from leaves, and let them dry in the sun for a day. Then, my father painted the branches white. I made the paper butterflies and flowers, and together with my best friend, Cece, we wired the crystals and hung them from the tree.

The tree was the main centerpiece at the pre-wedding party at my parents' house two days before the wedding. Everybody liked it, so after the party, we took it with us to Ohrid, and used it for the wedding reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment