Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Paper Confetti



These are my newest paper confetti. Each butterfly, dragonfly, flower and dot has been hand-punched from pretty paper. I mostly use double-sided, card stock or shimmer papers.



You can see the latest confetti packages in my Etsy shop here.



The idea for creating paper confetti came to me as I was planning my wedding. I think these are a lovely alternative to tossing rice (which can bloat birds' bellies), or harmful plastic throwables. Instead, these paper thingies are all bio-degradable. They can even be used for embellishing albums, cards, invites, and so on.

I re-use everything, plastic bags, cereal boxes, you name it, so the plastic bags for the confetti come from other small items that I've purchased at craft stores. I make the little paper packaging add-on myself, and sometimes even the little tags (depending on the moment of inspiration).



Anyways, if you have a party coming up and would like to go for greener confetti, check out my little shop. I post new things almost every day.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. It's raining butterflies. I love your cheerful confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea and i love that you reuse the craft bags, so smart and green!

    ReplyDelete