Monday, May 31, 2010

Pause

Hi everyone... sorry for the long pause...

Among other things, my husband and I have moved to our new place in Cambridge and have spent almost all of May cleaning, painting, carrying stuff, moving, and decorating. It's been tough, but oh-so-rewarding. It's funny how quickly we started calling the new place - home.

In the spirit of new beginnings, I have started a herb garden - well, it's a bunch of different herbs in different pots sitting on our windows, but it looks very promising. All the seeds have sprouted - some faster than others, and I'm hopeful that in a few weeks there will be fresh parsley and basil for my salads.

I've also planted chamomile and thyme. The only thing missing is mint, but since it's a very tricky herb to plant from seed, I've started searching for potted mint at stores and supermarkets. No luck so far...

Anyways, I just wanted to share this and leave you with a pretty picture of wall decals I think I want to see on our new walls.



Design by Glass House Couture

I'll post some photos of the apartment as soon as I find my camera :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back Marija! And mint really might be THE easiest herb to grow from seed, no kidding...in fact you have to keep it from overtaking the entire garden, but it smells so lovely.
    Congratulations on the move!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marija

    hope you post soon with pics of your new place... its been such a long time since i was blogging by using dashboard to keep up with everyone, so sorry for not being by sooner.

    I hope you are OK - and hope to hear from you soon that all is ok and good in your new home...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete