Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lights in December

As I go home after work, my train ride takes me through dark Massachusetts forrests, fields and mini-lakes.

In December, these rides happen in the dark.

As my train rushes through the cold night, sometimes the darkness is broken by a flash of Christmas lights outlining houses, porches and windows.

I see a random street drenched in yellow light here and there. Some car's headlights. Some inflated Snowman sitting in the yard.

I see them for a split second before they disappear behind.

Flash, and they're gone.

But sometimes it's all it takes to make you warm.

 
Art (from top to bottom): Field at Night by Harry Boardman; Night Lights in the North End by Hillary de la Bruere, and Sparkle and Dance by Irene Suchocki.

No comments:

Post a Comment