Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Something Pretty on a Cold Day - Handmade Fabric Moths

Anyone who has visited my blog knows that I have a thing for handmade butterflies. I love to make them from paper, throw in a dash of glitter, a touch of ink, a crystal or a pearl or two, and use the little darlings on gift boxes, bouquets, pomanders, picture frames, floating around candles, and so on.

This morning, after my 1.5 mile walk to work in this freezing weather, I found something amazing that made me warm almost instantly. You know, the way only a spark of imagination and excitement can make you go from a sneezing snowman to a bright-cheeked creative person :)

Check it out!!!


These fabric moths were created by an artist who now lives in Lyon, France, that goes by the name of BlueTerracotta on Etsy.

I so love her sewn ornaments, owls, fish and mosaics.
Amazing...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature, Marija! Butterflies and moths are amazing creatures and I love trying to make pretty ones from fabric. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete